Saturday, February 03, 2007

Beatles' Sgt. Pepper Designer Slams Apple Attitude


The designer of THE BEATLES' SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND album has slammed record company Apple for denying him copyright of the infamous image. SIR PETER BLAKE was paid GBP200 ($390) for his iconic 1967 cover creation, which features life-size cut outs of the band among an array of celebrities, but is barred from using the image on a new artistic project.

He says, "I'm doing a limited edition set of prints of the album covers I've done but Apple won't let me do Sgt Pepper. "They probably think 'Stop moaning' - but somebody along the line should have thought I deserved a share, like a bonus, or even acknowledgement that I was hard done by. "I don't blame the Beatles. I wouldn't expect them to suddenly give me a thing but EMI (who distributed Apple) should have."

No comments: