Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sir Paul Wants to "GET BACK"


Rock veteran Sir Paul McCartney is hopeful he will regain the rights to The Beatles hits in 10 years, because copyright laws mean he will regain what is rightfully his.
McCartney, 64, was outbid by former friend Michael Jackson for the rights to the songs in 1985, who reportedly sold them on to Sony Records in recent years in a bid to get out of debt.
Currently, McCartney has to pay outsiders every time he wants to play Beatles tracks he wrote himself with former bandmate John Lennon.
He says, "In about the 10 years, a lot of it returns to me, just legally.
"Some of the important rights are about to return, which I didn't realise.
"You know what doesn't feel very good, is going on tour and paying to sing all my songs. Every time I sing Hey Jude, I've got to pay someone."

No comments: