Sunday, March 23, 2008

Paul McCartney ‘to go on tour again’

Sir Paul McCartney is set to go on a world tour in a bid to put his bitter divorce from Heather Mills behind him, it has been revealed.

The former Beatle has reportedly told friends that he wants to get back on the road.

If Paul, 65, did decide to embark on a world tour, the potential earnings would almost certainly help him recoup the $48.6m settlement that was awarded to Heather on Monday.

A source said “He has kept a low profile for the last two years. Now he just wants to get out there again. That is what he does best.

“He is receiving offers on a weekly basis from promoters all over the world. When he tours, he breaks box office and merchandising records. He’s such a big draw.

“He will be 66 in June but is in remarkably good shape and will have no trouble withstanding the rigors of traveling the world performing.”

The singer netted around $55m from touring between 2002 and 2006, according to evidence he submitted during the six-day High Court hearing last month.

4 comments:

honeysucklebarb said...

That's great

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir Paul. I have been a fan of yours since The Beatles/Sgt. Pepper/Wings/etc.

If there is any way your schedule would permit, PLEASE COME TO BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA!!! You WOULD NOT REGRET IT. The closest you are comming, for me, is Atlanta, Georgia. I will make the trip, because it would be so very worth it, that is if I can score the tickets for 2, my cousin will be making the trip with me. This would be a once in a lifetime event for myself and her. Ty for taking the time to read. Sincerely, AN AVID FAN FROM THE BEGINNING!!!

Anonymous said...

Please,come to Brasil, SIR.
I'm anxious to see you in Castelão Stadium, Ceará. Make my dream come true. I feel like un adolescent as I think of you. I love your whole life story with The Beatles, with Linda, and your others bands. You bring joy and happiness for all.
I wish you good health and good luck. GOD bless you.
18/07/2008

Anonymous said...

Please,come to Brasil, SIR.
I'm anxious to see you in Castelão Stadium, Ceará. Make my dream come true. I feel like un adolescent as I think of you. I love your whole life story with The Beatles, with Linda, and your others bands. You bring joy and happiness for all.
I wish you good health and good luck. GOD bless you.
18/07/2008